home About Links Kpop ASK.FM INSTAGRAM TUMBLR TWITTER YOUTUBE FOLLOW ME


안녕하세요~

My name is Sandra, but you can call me Soyeon. And one of my "internet/social media names" is Yoosanchu. I live in a small place in Finland (but my first language is Swedish cuz I'm awesome). I'm studying in the third year of fashion/clothing design. In the future I hope I'll move to a bigger city. My blog is partly about my daily life as a 19 year old, but since I find that too boring, I mostly write about fashion, kpop, cute and creative things and everything that inspires me. My style and inspiration comes mostly from East Asia. As you see, I'm very interested in South Korea and Japan's fashion and culture, and their popculture such as kpop, k-dramas and anime.
I hope you'll enjoy my blog!

CONTACT: sanolieb@gmail.com


Search this blog


Translate


Blog archive



Latest posts


Categories



Latest on Instagram


@bubblechutea

Ads


View StyleWe

View Sammydress

View Zaful

Credits

Template 99% by AtinTory
Editor: Sandra
.:~I had a black dog, his name was depression~:.



Today I wanted to talk a little bit about an important topic; Mental illness.

A group working with mental health issues came to my school today. They talked about mental illness such as depression, anxiety disorders etc. It was so extremely triggering, I could just feel the anxiety when we sat there and listened. I was shaking and my heart was pounding so bad. I really was on the verge of crying. Cuz i have like all the symptoms when they talked about both anxiety and depression. I was just like yup, it honestly felt like they were talking about me.  I just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. But luckily i made it through.

Even tho the whole moment while sitting there and listening to them felt horrible, and very personal (to me), I think it's very good that they came to our school to talk about this issue. It's so important and needs to be discussed. So that people who don't suffer from a mental illness will know what it's all about. Because a lot of people suffer from it. We shouldn't be ashamed of it. image

But in some cultures (at least here in Finland), mental illness is typically viewed as a weakness or something that people shouldn't talk about. It's such a "taboo" topic. That's one of the reasons why it makes me so scared and anxious to be open and honest about it. But luckily, things are starting to change. People need to realize that it's an illness, not a sign of weakness.

I'm also so thankful to know that i'm not alone, I'm not the only one in my class (and with my other friends) that is fighting this battle every single day. Btw, I made a new category on my blog called "Mental illness".


Oh, I just have to link this video that they showed us. It's about a metaphor about depression. In this case, depression is viewed as a black dog that is taking over a persons life and follows him every single day. This was when i got the most emotional. Because it felt so accurate to me, like they just had described me..!!?


 Stay strong everyone! 
If you ever need to talk to me about any mental illness or just anything in general, you can Kik me: sanolie, or Snapchat: bubblechutea.

 

Labels: ,

11/25/2015 06:10:00 PM


Newer Posts
Older Posts